Accounting for projects is very different if your gross margins are wildly variable. To help you understand this and to get you there easily, here’s some resources and ideas:
- When to use a Change Order during a project
- Understanding your project status – key measurables
- Major phases in construction and how to create better invoices
- Contractor’s Checklist for Quickbooks efficiency
- You know you found the right accountant when…
- CRA and your business – avoiding government scrutiny
- Comparison of Accounting with and without W.I.P.
Get reliable financial pictures based on your business; not the average. Your project work isn’t like a retail or manufacturing business. Each job needs to be accounted for appropriately, so you can better manage for consistent profit.